sears and tires!

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: sears and tires!
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2000 01:14:40 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
beware!-beware!-beware!
sears, sams club and other discount outlets are all trying to get on the
brand name band wagon!
you will not find roadhandler tires anywhere but a sears store!  if you have
any tire trouble sears is the only place who can help you!  the tires are
manufactured by major manufacturers for these discount wholesalers.  the big
problem is that even if michelin, bf goodrich, goodyear or firestone is the
manufacturer and their name is proudly displayed on the sidewall....the tire
stores that sell the brand name tire can not help you with the special run
tires manufactured for the sears or other national or regional chains!!!!
it issome type of unwritten law among tire chains.  the firestone or
goodyear store can not get the sears tires to sell or even adjust  a defect
.  you must go to the outlet that sold the tire to have any service
adjustments done in a warrenty situation.  we found this out the hard way!
while working for a major automobile manufacturer as a parts man our body
shop counted on me to source replacement tires for customer collision jobs.
and adjusters write specific replacement prices for a damaged tire.  so i
call our wholesale tire distributor and ask for a road handler and they
laugh and say call sears!  ok i call sears!  i can not buy the tire cheap
enough to resell it on the job to make any money for the company because of
their rock bottom pricing and the adjuster will not increase the allowance
for the tire!  so you end up (and this happened) literally telling the
customer that if you want an exact replacement tire to match the existing
other 3 on the car he has to go and get it himself because you can not buy
it any cheaper from that outlet and he(the customer) has to get reimbursed
from the ins. co. for the tire!  sounds like a bunch of b.s. right?  just
wait untill you need assistance with a bargan priced tire from a brand
central store!  sometimes the extra you pay is worth the serviceability you
get after the sale!  and sometimes you luck out and uneventfully wear out a
set without any hassles?  i no longer take that chance on  my own vehicles.

chuck.
i guess what i'm trying to get across is the point that cheap tires may be
less expensive at time of purchase but there are underlying reasons why they
are less expensive and you should be well educated before you spend your
hard earned money.  ...c.