To: "Spridgets List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Loading up... How to prevent it?
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2000 13:53:50 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "MGs List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Dear List:

I think I've discovered why my RPMs decline after about 30-60 seconds at
idle.  I noticed that my exhaust fumes go from being invisible to slighly
dark, and the running get rougher.  I'm assuming that this is the phenomenon
called "loading up," but I can't find any references in the manuals about
why its happening.

Any ideas?  My throttle retun springs are new.  My chokes don't stick.
Poppet valves are clean and functioning.  The only flaw that I know of on my
carburettors are that I lose dashpot oil fairly quickly.  (I always keep
them topped up, though.)  On the valve cover, I have a vented oil cap, and
there is no breather connected to the carbon cannister.  Everything else is
stock, to my knowledge.

How do I prevent this from occuring?

Regards,

Charles