Re: Carburetor substitutions

To: Eddie Sheffield <ecsheffield@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Carburetor substitutions
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 18:01:10 -0400
Cc: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Eddie Sheffield wrote:
> Anyway, in a nutshell these carbs have a tag on
> them - "AUD 69F." The Haynes SU book and a web site I found
> (http://www.burlen.co.uk/ - very handy site!) identify these as fitting a
> 1962-1963 MG 1100.

Eddie

The carbs will work, but if you have an MG 1100 intake, it may be tilted
a bit more then the Spridget. This would give the float bowls a
different angle.
And other then the needles being slightly leaner, the carbs are the
same.
If the floats are to far angled, just grind a bit of the tab off so they
sit level. If you need the correct intake, I have a few, just ask.
I probably have any used bits you need except the dual line float head.
I know I do not have any ot them, I have about 10 single line float
heads.
I don't know how this happens, same as shock cores, why did I have 7
lefts and only 1 right?
Garage gremlins I guess.
Send me a list of what you think you need, I have a bunch of SU spares.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ