Re: A few questions

To: Ryan James Irwin <rirwin@iusb.edu>
Subject: Re: A few questions
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 19:10:31 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
That tranmission is for a '75 to '79 Midget with the Spitfire 1500 engine and
tranny.  No good for a '61 Midget.

Save yourself a whole lot of grief.  Spend the extra money and buy a good
tranny from a well known source or a list member.  The place that is selling
that Midget tranny has been trying to peddle that box for months.  Their
reserve is rediculous.

Quantum Mechanics in CT is a good known source for rebuilt trannies.  No
financial interest here, just a happy customer.

Some of the listers may have spare ribbed case trannies that they'd be willing
to let go for a song to a fellow lister.

Good luck.

Michael

Ryan James Irwin <rirwin@iusb.edu> wrote:
> I got a chance to browse around Ebay today through more than 1000 returns
for "MG".  The few things I found to be helpful, I have questions about.

A)  An MGB Steering Wheel.  3 Stainless steel spokes, wooden wheel...
looks similar to the Mahogany wheel from Moss.  Designed for a 62-67 MGB,
would this fit a '61 Midget?

B)  A Midget transmisson.  Serial #: FT49944.  Any idea what year this
might be?  Would it work with my '61 Midget?  Where can I find the serial
number on my tranny for compairison?

I think that's all for now, thanks in advance.

-Doogie
'61 Midget  GAN1L/4506