Re: Air/Fuel Gauge/Sensor Location

To: "Graziano, Michael" <michael.graziano@csfb.com>, "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Air/Fuel Gauge/Sensor Location
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 11:28:02 -0700
on 9/6/00 9:16, Graziano, Michael at michael.graziano@csfb.com wrote:

> All,
>
> I'm once again contemplating installing an air/fuel ratio gauge.  I know
> that install should be relatively easy, but I'm not sure on the location of
> the sensor.  With a manifold, it would be easy.  But where would I install
> the sensor with 4-2-1 headers?  I would think all the way down by the
> collector for the 2-1 part would be too far along in the exhaust to be of
> any use.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Mike
> '78 Midget (Twin HS4's and 4-2-1 headers)

Mike,

you have two options, install it in the collector, which I have done on my
X1/9 which has dual Webers, or install it in one of the pipes near the head,
trusting that your mixture is fairly consistent across the cylinders.

If you install it in the collector, you should use a heated sensor.

http://www.mirafiori.com/~ulix/               '67 Sprite     '74 X1/9