Rear hub seals

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear hub seals
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 10:38:01 -0700 (PDT)
I finally pulled one of my rear wheels last night to track down the oil leaks
on
both my rear wheels.
The seals between the axle half-shafts/hub, were nice an dry, however, I can
see
definite oil seepage from the inside hub seal.
To replace these, it looks like I'll have to pull the hubs, and press out the
bearings and then the seals. Can I press in the new seal, and bearing with hand
tools, or do I need a press??
BTW - what size is the nut retaining the rear hub (1&7/8"?)?? when I originally
installed them, the wheels studs were not installed, so I was able to use a
crescent wrench, but now it looks like I'll need to get a socket, unless I feel
like pounding on my nice replaced wheel studs.
Also I notice the shop manuals dont give any specs for how tight the rear hub
retaing nut should be, any pointere on that.

Thanks - Bryan