Re: pics of water plumbing

To: Ptegler <ptegler@gouldfo.com>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: pics of water plumbing
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 16:03:53 -0400
Ptegler wrote:
> yeah...it didn't turn out too bad. When switching over to the
> Dual SU's (HS4's) I was able to keep all the emissions stuff
> including the overrun solenoid under the carbon canister.
> I like the idea of venting my gas tank and float bowls through
> a controlled orifice rather than out to the open air.
> (hence all the custom bent tubing)

  I will be keeping mine, but not at first. I didn't remove
anything, but version 1 of the hoses are just going to
be the essentials.

  I removed the anti-runon valve on mine because I don't
really feel like plumbing it in. It's not emissions anyways,
so I dont' feel guilty.

  It's not really useful on my car anyways. My car has
high compression so I need to use 94 octane gas to avoid
pinging. With 94 octane it doesn't run on anyways. I know
if I get stuck and have to buy 91 I get pinging and
run-on, so I know the drill!

  After I get it running, I'm going to replumb my
carbon cannister. (once I figure out all the inlets
and outlets, although the shop manual has a very
helpful description with arrows).

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca