Well today it RUNS

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "midgetspriteclub@listbot.com" <midgetspriteclub@listbot.com>
Subject: Well today it RUNS
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 20:08:26 -0700
Cc: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>, Don Kidder <kidders@inreach.com>, Jerry Roumm <exseattle@netzero.net>, mgrenell <grenell@prtel.com>, "Alice.Scheelar@gte.net" <Alice.Scheelar@gte.net>
Disappointment yesterday, delayed gratification today.

Just got back from the obligatory run to a drive-in for a cheeseburger,
fries, and a chocolate shake.

Boy is this car short-legged. Runs fine, now the final vacuum orifice
from the smog is plugged and the sparkplug wires are in the right order.
And And And.

Lots more ands to go, but my baby snorts and chuckles and whines only a
little in first gear. The clutch disengages and the brakes work - hard
pedal halfway down. Weird.

1971 MG Midget, last driven 7-8 years ago, no paint, slight surface
rust, very tatty and now it gleams.

signed in Olde English Grease,

David McCartney/Captain Rapture

ps: Don - pls bring the chair to the gig and I'll bring the bass in the
MG.

pps: Whoopee!