Moss Fallfest

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Moss Fallfest
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 10:44:26 EDT
What a beautiful day for a drive on Saturday.  At least the morning
drive was nice...it got a bit warm for the drive home.

Five Spridget listers made up the entire field of rubber bumper Midgets
at the Moss Fallfest in Dover, NJ.  They musta had close to 150 cars
there in total.

Anyway, I took FIRST PLACE in RB Midget category.  Michael G.
came in what must have been a close second.  John G. took third, and
Larry M. and Bill G. rounded out the field.  I figure I won because I was
the first RB Midget there, and a lot of people got their voting done early.
But I did tell Michael to paint his car red if he wants to win next year!

Bill G.'s car is coming along nicely.  He now has two seats, and the
recovering job is very nice.  The interior will shine when it's all in place.

In the way of incident reports, I made it almost all the way up there in
the morning, and stopped at the rest stop on Route 287.  I popped the
bonnet to see if the radiator was still dripping a bit (I had poured in 1/2
bottle of Stop Leak) and sure enough, it was.  And I heard that boiling
sound inside the t'stat housing.  So I had a cup of coffee and sat for half
an hour.

I opened the pressure cap and it bubbled out a bit, then took off the
filler plug and poured in the rest of the Stop Leak.  Holy Cow!  Look at
all the pellets in the Stop Leak bottle!  That's what's supposed to plug
the hole!  I got all the pellets in the radiator and filled it with another 3
qts.
of water, and off to Moss.  When I got there, another 25 miles or so, the
leak had completely stopped.  (And no problems all the way home.)
So I hope the temporary fix will get me thru the rest of the summer, then
I'll look into a recore.

Now, Larry, want to tell the list why you were late to the show?

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport