Re: Radiator Mod

To: "Bill Mantz" <bmantz@infi.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Radiator Mod
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 15:12:16 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Bill,

I got a petcock from the hardware store (1/4", t-handled needle valve), and
a brass hex nut that fit the threads.  I drilled an oversized hole, taking
care to collect the bits and burrs from the drilling.  Sanded around the
hole down to clean metal.  Set the sanded and flux-coated hex nut over the
hole and silver soldered it in place.  Two turns of Teflon pipe tape on the
petcock threads, screw it in, and away you go.  There is a nice round spot
on the left side that is perfect spot for the added tap.

Regards,
Glen Byrns
'59 bugeye