When you're right,...

To: JustBrits@aol.com
Subject: When you're right,...
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1904 00:40:57 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Ed,

Yep! IF! You are so right; 1000 <> 100 in this game. But, so far, so
good (said the suicide as he passed the 4th floor). You take the fun
out of teasing you when you're right! ;)

As for the bearing, thanks for remembering. The whole engine was
tired, with ovaled cylinders, some color showing through on one big
end bearing, low compression, etc. So for once, I tried not to do a
repair halfway and instead had a complete rebuild done, with full
balancing and all machine work done by competent people, all
suggested by my local AHCA club and a couple of local vintage racers.
As I build the kitty, more things will get done (like the exhaust).

Thanks again,

Jeff

>In a message dated 09/19/2000 4:36:19 PM Central Daylight Time,
>jboatri@emory.edu writes:
>
><< If >>
>
>KEY word, Jeff!!<G>
>
><<it lasts a thousand miles, >>
>
>"Course you gotta MAKE 1000 miles!!  er, 100 don't count!!
>
><<I'll tell the list  just to upset Ed Kaler. >>
>
>Nah, I as everyone else would like to find "cheat roads".  NOT.
>
><<Tee-hee! (He warned me a year ago that
>  patching my exhaust pipe wouldn't work. The damn repair outlasted the
>  engine!) >>
>
>Sorry to bring this up, BUT have you checked to see that exhaust flow was not
>hampered by the "patch" and caused an over heat sitution??  Sorrier yet to
>ask, but did motor have FULL load of oil and wawa??
>
>And you did R & R the bearing PRIOR to trying to drive the He*l out of it,
>right??
>
>All the above said & questions made, I am still sorry for your loss !!
>
>Regards,
>
>          Ed
>
>PS:  Improper place for "...cheers..." me thinks.

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Assistant Professor, Emory Eye Center, Atlanta, GA
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision
<http://www.molvis.org/molvis>
<mailto: jboatri@emory.edu>