Re: FWD vs. RWD

To: Ajhsys@aol.com, gottstein@erols.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: FWD vs. RWD
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 15:17:57 EDT
In a message dated 9/20/00 1:49:20 PM Central Daylight Time, Ajhsys@aol.com
writes:

> Oh, is that all!?!?  This is a topic to cover whilst drinking large
>  quantities of beer, covering several hours.  All about handling
>  characteristics, driving style, etc.

A. H. is exactly correct in his observations above.  However, to make a grand
oversimplification, FWD biggest advantage is efficiency in terms of less
machinery required therefore lighter weight, more useable space in the
interior of the cars, better at transmitting power to the road in  sloppy
weather, etc.  FWD, to me, is the efficient 2 wheel drive utility vehicle for
small loads and small to medium horsepower.  RWD should be better for most
all other uses, all other things being equal, which they never are.  Alex H.