Re: 1500 Midget distributor

To: ccrobins@ktc.com, spridgets@autox.team.net, fisher@hctc.net
Subject: Re: 1500 Midget distributor
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 11:16:50 EDT
In a message dated 9/21/00 10:00:14 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
ccrobins@ktc.com writes:

<<   Got my manuals for the  '76 Midget & ZS carb.  Read over them last
 night so now I'm REALLY dangerous. ;^)   My 1500 has a Mallory
 dual-point distributor on it.  If I could find one, I'd like to
 reinstall the stock 45DE4 distributor.  This is the one with the
 integral amplifier.  If you have a good one perhaps we can arrange a
 swap.  Or, I'll sell the Mallory and buy the 45DE4 from someone.... >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

I don't believe that there are any 45DE4 dizzys left with the original
electronics still working.  Mine had a Piranha ignition system when I bought
the car, and now it sports a Pertronix.  Larry M. has a 25 model dizzy in his
'78 Midget, also with a Pertronix Ignitor.

I think it would be pretty chancy to try to use the original Lucas electronic
ignition.  The parts would have dried out long ago (or exploded).  (IMO, of
course.)

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget