Re: Do these really fit a spridget???

To: Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Do these really fit a spridget???
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 14:33:17 EDT
I saw the auction too.  The bolt pattern is the same, I think.  Several
possible problems:

The width is wider than most spridet wheels at 5.5 inches. May be dangerous
to run stock tire width on wider rims.

 Wider tires caused rubbing problems in the front suspension on the inside of
the tires and rear bodywork on the outside of the tires on my car (71 Midget
on Rostyle wheels).   YMMV

Offset may or may not be the same.  Just because the bolt pattern fits does
not mean you will not have clearance problems.

Also , may be hard to find a replacement if you ruin one.

I am not going to bid on the auction, so I have no financial interest.

I have no direct experience with JH wheels, maybe someone else does.
Probably just have to buy and try if no one on the list has used them in the
past.  Lots of spridgets have Minilites.  Might compare Minilite and JH
specs.

Alex H.
71 Midget