Re: Oh Sh*^

To: "Mike Graziano" <mgraziano@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Oh Sh*^
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 16:02:57 -0400
Cc: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Thanks Mike. I may take you up on that. I need to do some checking and
see if I can determine that it IS bearing. The engine is NOT rattling
like a bearing was gone tho. I'll let you know.

Larry

At this exact moment in time 9/22/00 3:29 PM, mgraziano@mindspring.com
made the profound statement:

>Larry,
>
>I have a 1500 Long block in Westchester you can use.  It's from a '75
>Spitfire and hasn't run in about 10 years.  But it may need nothing to get
>it to run.  Typical story, ran great when parked.  You gotta find a way to
>pick it up, though.  It won't fit in my Z.
>
>Mike
>
>Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu> wrote:
>> Help!!!!!
>I was checking the oil this AM and discovered bits of metal in the oil.
>My guess - I got a bearing that is coming apart. Now I have a real
>problem. The Midget is my only car!!! So that stops parking the car,
>pulling the engine and doing a rebuild. So I have the thought that I will
>slap some bearings into it to give me a bit more time while I find an
>engine I can rebuild so I can do a swap on a weekend. Unless somebody has
>a running 1500 spare in the Eastern PA region they wanna let go cheap!!!
>;-) Or if somebody nearby has a rebuilt 1500 I can swap in, then I can
>rebuild the one I have and give that one back to them. Or a rebuildable
>short block would work too. Or, or, or ......??
>
>Suggestions???
>
>Larry
>with very sick Midget 1500
>
>Larry Macy
>78 Midget
>
>Keep your top down and your chin up
>
>Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
>macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
>System Administrator/Manager
>Neuropsychiatry Section
>Department of Psychiatry
>University of Pennsylvania
>3400 Spruce St. - 1015 Gates
>Philadelphia, PA 19104
>
> Ask a question and you're a fool for three minutes; do not ask a
>question and you're a fool for the rest of your life.

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.