Re: Odd assortment of things....

To: "Graziano, Michael" <michael.graziano@csfb.com>
Subject: Re: Odd assortment of things....
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 21:08:25 -0400
Cc: "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
One of my Spitfires has the valve cover painted with the same paint the body
was done it.  Cheap hardware paint (I think) in a camo pattern, and it looks
just fine on the valve cover.  Been that way for at least over a year.

I think your alternator is killing itself.  Giving you the low voltage, smell
and sound.  They're cheap to replace.  I don't remember what the deal is, but
it's something about a portion of the circuit going bad, causing the rest of it
to work overtime trying to make up for it, and cooking itself to death.  You
can rebuild them and buy all the parts for one you want, but it's cheaper to
just replace it.