Re: Oh Sh*^--P.S. to Trevor

To: tboicey@brit.ca, kgb@clipper.net
Subject: Re: Oh Sh*^--P.S. to Trevor
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 06:46:32 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 9/22/2000 11:08:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tboicey@brit.ca writes:

<<
   Speaking of "here we go again", here we go again with the A-series
 devotees comparing built up 1275s with stock 1500s. While were making
 useless comparisons, I think your 1275 would be BEHIND my
 69 e-type! ;>

   I meant the comment in jest, we've gone around this many times,
 and it's always the same points. 1500 owners point to facts, and
 1275 owners anecdotally tell stories or talk about built-up
 A-series engines beating stock 1500s.

   Actually Practical Classics just did another article on
 buying a Spridget and the numbers were there again.

   Midget Mk I, 948cc, 42bhp@5500, 53ftlb/3000
   0-60mph in 20 sec, 86mph top speed

   Midget Mk II, 1098cc, 56bhp@5750, 62ftlb/3250
   0-60mph in 17 sec, 90mph top speed

   Midget Mk III, 1275cc, 65bhp@6000, 72ftlb/3000
   0-60mph in 14.6 sec, 95mph top speed

   Midget 1500, 1493cc, 55hp@5000rpm, 73ftlb/2750
   (different HP measure)
   0-60mph in 12.3 sec, 101mph top speed

   2.3 seconds advantage in 0-60, 6mph on the top
 speed. Game, set, match, 1500.

   (speaking of "here we go again", expect a flood
 of emails saying "95mph? I did 145 in my totally
 stock 1971! And that included towing 5 hangers-on
 admiring my round wheel arches!")

Oh---except for Trevor's jestful E-type comment, I totally agree with him.
8^)

--David C.