Oh Sh*^ Part Deux

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oh Sh*^ Part Deux
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 09:56:28 -0400
Here are the results from the oil change. There is crap in the oil. It is
non-magnetic, so therefore, likely bearing material. My oil pressure is
running about 45 - 50  psi at idle, about 65+ at speed. Close, but lower,
than where it was yesterday. I suspect the goofy SlepBoys filter had too
much resistance. Actually I am not sure what brand it was. I'll let you
know where it is at running speed.

Ok since the oil pressure is fine, I have to conclude that the mains and
rod bearings are OK. Sorta. As I noted, I have a bit of clutch judder
pulling away from a stop. My conclusion, at this time, is I have lost the
thrust washer. I tried moving the crank with a pry bar and it does, not a
lot tho. So I have not changed my plan. Get the bearings and install by
dropping the pan. Get another engine (I have several offers) and rebuild
that one, then do a swap on a weekend. And keep my fingers crossed that
this one don't shell out in the mean time.

Unfortunately, I can't do a freaking thing this weekend as I have to
assist my GF to move. And the Rocks is next weekend. Just gonna have to
take some time off work to get this done, BUMMER ;-)

Thanks for all the offers and I will let all know what I intend to do, as
soon as I figure it out.

Just a thought..... hmmmmmmm.

I am thinking, just to add fuel to the fire, of taking up Frank on his
offer of the 1275 so I can at least put that argument to rest ;-)  Fat
Chance!!!! Yea I can do a 1275 vs 1500 comparison in the same body. hehehe

Larry

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.