3 Re: 2 Re: Magazines = facts?

To: tboicey@brit.ca
Subject: 3 Re: 2 Re: Magazines = facts?
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 07:14:36 EDT
Cc: kgb@clipper.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Many magazine tests but not many cars.  Manufacturers have small press fleets
and each magazine/newspaper takes it turn in testing the same car or very
small number of cars.  The press car might be a good one or a car built on a
Friday - the tests are not conducted to the accuracy of land speed records
with runs averaged from opposite directions and wind measurement.

With the 1275 v 1500 the differences are so small I would say that they are
within the realms of error though the UK 1500 does seem to have a marginally
higher top speed due to a slightly higher power output.  The acceleration of
the 1500 is only neglibily quicker than the 1275 to the point where the bulk
of the engine's power is working against aerodynamic drag rather than power
to weight and the additional power of the 1500 engine starts to count.

In the UK at least it is a rare sight to see a modified 1500 on the road or
track whereas most 1275s will be running K&N air filters and maybe an LCB
which more than takes them past the power of a stock 1500.

Daniel1312

In a message dated 24/09/00 07:48:10 GMT Daylight Time, tboicey@brit.ca