Re: Midget versus E, and autox (was Oh Sh^!)

To: Brad Fornal <toyman@digitex.net>
Subject: Re: Midget versus E, and autox (was Oh Sh^!)
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 16:03:49 -0400
Cc: DLancer7676@cs.com, RBHouston@aol.com, kgb@clipper.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Brad Fornal wrote:
> THIS WHOLE DISCUSSION IS A MATTER OF PREJUDICE!

  I couldn't agree with you more.

  As a 1500 owner, I hate to see all the stupid prejudice out
there and I am very inclined to reply when I see it being
perpetuated.

> I myself, cannot abide a 1500
> engine, I feel about BL taking over Morris the way I feel about AMF taking
>over
> Harley for a short time, I know that both were trying to keep the vehicle
>alive.
> AMF succeeded, BL did not.
> You can quote me all the technical info and magazine article you want to and I
> will still not change my mind about how I feel about BL.

  The above crystallizes exactly what I've been saying.

  Lots of people hate the 1500 for political reasons, which is
a silly reason to hate an engine.

  At least ONE of you can speak the truth, that you don't like
the 1500 because of it's parentage!

  Instead of you all lying to yourselves and others and insisting
that the 1500 is slow to justify your cars, why don't you just
stand up and admit that you hate it because of the Triumph
connection and the rest is just excuses?

  Sad, sad, sad. ;>

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca