Oil line leak

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil line leak
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 13:00:12 EDT
My '69 Sprite (1275) has developed a leak in the oil line leading from the
block to the oil pressure guage. The leak is in the area between the block
fitting and where the line is  first clipped to the firewall, underneath the
heater blower. My question is, what should be the material/configuration of
this area of the line? Mine seems to be a combination of metal pipe and rubber
hose which looks as if it might have been cobbled together during a previous
engine removal/installation..by yours truly (but that was fifteen years ago and
I can't remember how I handled it).

What would "factory" be for this? Or, lacking that, what's the best
arrangement/setup?

Thanks in advance,
Jim Algar
'69 Sprite Mk. IV