RE: Alternate tranny for 1500...

To: "Adrian Barnes" <adrian@workgroup.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Alternate tranny for 1500...
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 22:27:42 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Hi Adrian
As the USA agent for Frontline products I can answer your question and the
answer is yes and no! The only parts that are a direct replacement for the
Ford Sierras type 9 is the gear case and a few odd parts. The gears, input
shafts and ratios are not the same. Gaskets seals etc are. SO service parts
are easier to get. Merkur manual shift gearboxes are not exactly found on
every street corner either.
We are using the same gearbox as Frontline in our 5 speed kit for the 1500
Spit, I am not going to say any more than that as I do not think that this
is the correct forum for a commercial!
I hope this helps.
Regards
John J Black