Re: steering arm removal and replacement

To: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: steering arm removal and replacement
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 12:49:48 -0700
Cc: <morris@autox.team.net>
Glen,

Are you referring to removing the separating the tie rod end from the tie
rod? If so, it's identical to the Sprite. Unscrew the large nut on the tie
rod the back out the tie rod. There should be a two flats on the tie rod to
hold it with a spanner. If it's frozen you'll need to use your favorite
penetrant first. I'd wire brush the threads behind the nuts first too. To
remove the tie rod from the steering rack, you'll need to remove the rack
boot, release the lock tabs, and unscrew the ball housing from the end of
the rack. I think the Morris tie rods are a little longer on the Morris
than the Sprite, so they are not interchangeable.

Gerard

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -
Discount Online Hotel Reservations in the U.S.

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A
  R R        pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com
   A A