Re: PenDot bashing

Subject: Re: PenDot bashing
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 15:50:21 -0500
Cc: Spridgets <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
"Hanna, Mark" wrote:

> When I lived in Kalifornia, I used my Bugeye as a daily driver. One night
> coming home from work
> (2nd shift) while driving on the Los Angeles freeway system I got pulled
> over by a CHP officer.
> I was only going 55 MPH (in a 55 zone) because I was low on gas (petrol).
> The officer thought that I was
> driving so slow because I had been drinking. When it became obvious that I
> was not drunk ,
> he accused me of having bald tires. They were new ! Then he wanted to see my
> break lights ,
> turn signals, windshield wipers and horn operate. In the end he had to let
> me go. It's probably
> worse now.
> Mark Hanna
> AN5 (In Colorado, I'm never going back ! )

        Actually, I've been pulled twice in MotorToad and not ticketed, once for
speeding (I knocked the loose speedo around in the dash and showed him how much
needle deflection I got and told him sometimes I have a hard time getting a good
average :). The other time wasn't for speeding but being too, um, spirited in my
cornering technique. While the officer was telling me what the consequences of a
reckless driving ticket were, his partner was telling my girlfriend what a nice
car it was! (which, btw, it most certainly isn't :)
        My car has _no_ bumpers, neither time did I have my registration with
me (no
glove box, I keep losing it) and both cops were very kind other than the
"respect my authority" bit given the circumstances.
--
~

'90 GS-500E: Faster than a newbie on an FZR-600.
'87 RX-7 TII: Faster than a *DORK* on a Valkyrie.
MCMLXIX Sprite: Faster than UPS ground.
"Yeah, well, Stirling Moss is bald, too. Dammit."

~