Re: Shock question

To: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Shock question
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2000 12:46:30 -0500
Glen,
         Leave the oil in the shock, unless it is leaking out (for which
there is another remedy). remove the big nut (7/8") and remove the guts of
the valve which comprise a spring on a shaft inside a spring... don't
forget the spacer washers the diameter of the large spring. There are NO
bearings for the arm. The holes in the nut that remains should not alter
the shocking affect of the shocks.... but you could "hack off" that part of
the nut at the point where it thins down without adverse effect.
         Peter C