News!

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: News!
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 21:38:29 +1000charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Thickos" <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
I know I have been quiet for some time now. That is because I have
been busy with new job, renovations, farm etc etc. I haven't even
competed since Feb! But I do have some wonderful (non-lbc) news:

                                        Gigante household in shock!

Melbourne, Fri 6 Oct: The Gigante household is still in a total state
of
shock and confusion after the surprise arrival of their first
daughter -
Sarah Louise. The father, Mike, was seen wandering the corridors of
the RWH
in a dazed stupor. He could not stop smiling but was heard to mutter
"...
but we don't know how to bring up girls..."

The 29 year old mother, Kerry, had her first normal delivery after two
very
difficult previous deliveries (the midwifes blamed this change of
circumstance on the fact the boys were nothing but trouble). After
nearly 48
hours of on-again, off-again labour, the final stage of labour was
very quick, catching midwives off guard. When asked for comment, Kerry
would
only say "No number four!" She later clarified, saying that she was
"absolutely delighted" and "very relieved ".

Sarah Louise was induced at 37 weeks as a preventative measure. She is
feeding and sleeping well. She weighed in at a healthy 3.13kg (~7lb)
and unfortunately looks like her father. This is expected to turn
nasty in
about 2012 when Sarah will probably sue her father for "misuse of
asthetically challenged genetic materials".

Sarah's older brothers have mixed views on the new arrival. Stephen,
9, has
made it clear that he expected a boy and that a boy would have been
better.
His complaints diminished somewhat when we celebrated with hot
chocolate and
cakes in Lygon St. Scott, 7, seems happy that he now has a little
sister.

For as-yet-unexplained reasons, the parents have chosen yet another
"S"
name. There have been numerous mutterings from friends, workmates and
relatives, but it like water off a duck's back. Stephen & Scott are
deleighted that the "SG" team has a new member.

All in all, the family is very delighted with the arrival of young
Sarah,
but the only certainty in this situation is that young Sarah Louise
Gigante
will be a very spoilt little girl!

Since Scott took the option on Recar (bugeye rally car) and Stephen
has since
taken over the rights to speedy (the rally/race midget), I'll have to
prep another
car for young Sarah. I can see her in a pale pink bugeye!!!

Mike