Re: Torque wrench recommendations

To: LBCarNut <LBCarNut@carolina.rr.com>, Bill Mantz <bmantz@infi.net>
Subject: Re: Torque wrench recommendations
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 11:08:46 -0700
Cc: Spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I recently had to replace the beam style torque wrench I bought from Sears
probably 20 years ago. I returned to Sears for a replacement since it had a
lifetime warranty on it. A salesperson tried to get me to take a 3/8 drive
bottom of the line unit to replace my 1/2 drive original. When I complained
to the manager, he said she was mistaken and that I could have the 1/2
drive unit straight across. I also asked if I could upgrade to a click
style model and pay the difference and he said that would be fine too. He
told me that the dials on the  micrometer style wrenches would break after
a while, and discouraged me from upgrading though(??) The current ones have
only a one year warranty.

Gerard

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -
Discount Online Hotel Reservations in the U.S.

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A
  R R        pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com
   A A