Re: First year for Bugeye

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: First year for Bugeye
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 11:13:01 EDT
In a message dated 10/16/00 10:38:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
JustBrits@aol.com (or maybe Larry Miller) writes:

<< The Sprite went into production in early 1958 under the
 Austin-Healey badge as Austin Drawing Office Project Number 13 and was an
 instant success. >>

I was flipping channels over the weekend and I came across the Historic
Monterey Races on Speedvison.  Leon Mandel was introducing the show and he
mentioned that he was there, at Monterey, in 1957 in his brand new Austin
Healy Sprite.

I guess old Leon was a year ahead of his time.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport