When things go right....

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: When things go right....
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 08:37:26 -0400
Sometimes things go right for me....

My '78 Midget that has been off the road for about ayear during a project that
started with "I'll just replace the rear tranny seal and have it back together
tomorrow" and grew through "I'll just do the UK dual SU conversion" into "I'll
just paint the car while I have the engine out". Last weekend, I tripped over
the engine once too many times and thought "where can I put this thing
now...hey, look it ought to fit in that empty engine compartment over
there....". A couple hours later, it was back in.

I figured on hours of fritzing with the distributor which I had just thrown
back in and pointed towards the #1 plug and playing with balancing the carbs
and getting the mixture right. However, everything back in and bolted down and
topped off....crank without the coil engergized to bring the oil pressure up
and to fill the fuel bowls...choke out, hook up the coil, crank, VROOOM. No
stutter, no cough...just VROOOM! WOW! Uh..Oh...I haven't driven it yet, it'll
cough and sputter on the road....take it on a short run...pulls all the way up,
whole different car with the SU's...AHHH now I remember why I love this thing.

Christian Stanton (still with a big smile on my face)
'78 Midget (Ex CA, now UK spec).