Re: Best place for parts

To: "Larry Cogan" <woodrat@spacey.net>, "Trevor Boicey" <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: Best place for parts
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 07:40:42 -0400
Cc: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I've had good luck with finding some odd parts at Advance Auto (our
local chain) I got a great deal on a rebuilt brake master cylinder
and brake calipers but they really didn't have a very good selection.

If you can find a local place that has a knowledgeable salesperson
(good luck)  it will make things much easier. On one of my trips to
the local guys, the moron behind the counter refused to even type MG
into the computer because he had never heard of it and insisted that
since he hadn't heard of it, it wouldn't be in their system. If I
drive a few extra miles I can go to another branch of the same chain
which has a counter guy who has owned and restored MGBs. What a world
of difference!

I found out about the good counter guy through the local MG club, I
also found out which was the best local machine shop the same way. If
you have a local club in your area and aren't a member, I'd recommend
you join one and ask some of the local guys who they recommend.

Robert Weeks
1969 MG Midget
http://www.woozy.com/midget