GUNS, GUNS, GUNS, GUNS & NO FACTS OOPS! Valve lash!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: GUNS, GUNS, GUNS, GUNS & NO FACTS OOPS! Valve lash!
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 21:22:45 -0500
Dear 2nd Amendment patriots,

At 7:20 PM -0500 10/29/00, Biff Jones wrote:
>Sorry All but I can't remain silent any longer.
>
>Ever notice how the Anti-gun people don't like reason and facts.
>
>Blah, blah, blah...

Somebody please tell me when the pro-gunners were 'remaining silent'!
I'd love to be able to remember those times with fond nostalgia, but
I guess I'm too young. It certainly must have been before this list
was born.

I wasn't anti-gun until you guys started posting all this blather on
the SPRIDGETS list. Now I think that each and every one of you should
have all of your guns taken from you. Even your super-soakers.
Everyone else gets to keep theirs, but not you. Don't worry, they'll
all be given back once you stop posting pro-gun, anti-gun,
upside-down-gun, sideways gun, pop-gun, rubber gun, gungungun BLATHER
on the SPRIDGETS list.

This is a serious topic for another list. Is anyone is going to
change their mind on this serious topic by your intrusion on a car
list? Particularly on a topic that has been gone over and over and
over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over
and over and over and over and over and over and over? I'm not saying
that you _can't_ post what you want here; nobody is going to stop
you. But, are you helping or hurting your cause? You're at best
preaching to the choir and at worst making enemies where none existed
before.

And here's something to ponder: Can you pull from the spridgets
archives a single instance in which the gun debate was STARTED by a
gun-control advocate? If you want to use "facts and reason", what
does that observation suggest?

But it doesn't really matter. Remember, WE know where you live, and
we're comin' ta getcha!

Spridget content: I had a somewhat rough idle since changing to a
Kent 266 cam. Keith Calver (of Min-Tec; he also writes how-to
articles for Mini-Mania) suggested changing the inlet valve lash to
0.014 and the exhaust lash to 0.017 (the suggestion from Kent Cams is
0.016 for both). Lo and behold, the idle smoothed up. Not perfect,
but much smoother. Hmm, could this be a cam timing problem? Calver's
articles are interesting and provide a source of information that
does not always bow to Vizard. It's nice to not have to single-source
everything about the A series engine. The articles can be found at:

http://www.minimania.com/Article_Type.cfm?DisplayType=Calver%27s%20Cor
ner&CarType=MINI

Well, I hope that this has convinced everyone to do exactly what I
say. Really, it's the only way we'll ever get along...

Jeff

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Assistant Professor, Emory Eye Center, Atlanta, GA, USA
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision, http://www.molvis.org/molvis
mailto:jboatri@emory.edu