What are the stock components for the '74?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: What are the stock components for the '74?
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 14:21:36 -0500
Hello folks:

Once and for all... what is the stock set of SU carburetors supposed to be for
the '74 Midget?  And what needles am I supposed to have?

I went looking for a new sort of needle as per someone's suggestion to address
my loading up problem.  I want a needle that is slightly leaner at idle, but
identical on the rest of the profile.  I thought that I should have an ABC or
an AN needle, but upon consulting the Haynes SU Carburetor book, I am now not
so sure.

Additionally, should the '74 (late in the production run, US, non-CA specs)
have a 25D or a 45D distributor?

Regards,

Charles
'74 Midget