Weber DGV jet selection

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Weber DGV jet selection
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 21:18:08 EST
Out of lurk mode for a minute.

  What would be the recommended jets for a Weber DGV 5A to be used in a stock
1275 engine?  As delivered, the primary barrel had a 55 idle jet, 140 main
jet, and a 165 air corrector.  The secondary barrel used a 50 idle jet, 135
main jet, and a 160 air corrector.  My problem is a flat spot just above
idle, which usually causes the car to stall unless I blip the throttle first.
 Once on the move; however, the car runs fantastic, delivering both good
performance and economy.  I've experimented with other sizes of all of the
above, but without fully eliminating the problem.  Rather then spend more
money on more calibrated parts, I'd really like to know what jets work best
for anybody else out there also using a DGV.  Thanks.

Marty
1970 MG Midget
1977 MG Midget