STILL trying ...

To: MGs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: STILL trying ...
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 00:53:42 -0800
Thanks for all the advice.  Gives me a lot of little things to check
tomorrow.  Had checked spark at the plugs first thing ... no problems
there.  Then had checked the fuel pump and fuel lines, filters, etc all
the way to the float bowls.  Everything is clear and getting fuel.  Did
recheck all that several times, just to be sure I wasn't missing
something.  Today cleaned up the distributor, added a bit of oil to the
shaft (under the rotor), and noticed the rotor was chipped on one end of
the metal plate ... only chipped about 1mm, but I went and got a new
one.  Will put it all back together (again) in the morning and see what
happens.

You folks are terrific.  Nice to be able to ask questions and not feel
totally alone or ignorant.  I know everyone with an MG of any type has
their moments of fun with their cars!

Anyway, thanks ...... will let you know what happens.

Sue
(This town is even smaller than Wales ever thought about being!)