Re: 2 Re: Bolt drilling jig, lock/safety wiring and stuff

To: Daniel1312@aol.com
Subject: Re: 2 Re: Bolt drilling jig, lock/safety wiring and stuff
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 16:21:56 -0500
Cc: mikey@b2systems.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
All,

What exactly is a Bolt drilling jig?  Is it to hollow out a bolt?

Mike

Daniel1312@aol.com wrote:
> Hi Mike,

The Tuck Jones drilling jig is a metal block that has holes to pass a bolt
through.  A little nipple/zerk with a 1/16" hole in it screws through a hole
in the block to both secure the bolt head and ensure the hole that is drilled
in the bolt is in the correct place.  The jig is for a/f (SAE I guess) bolts
only but the company is working on a more expensive jig that takes Metric
bolts as well.  I can't see a way that the jig would drill a nut unless the
nut was fastened onto a bolt (the bolt would also get a hole drilled in it)
The company name is: Binyon Machine works, PO Box 94, 35084 Forest Court,
Gualala, CA 95445-0094.

Hope this helps.

1312

In a message dated 06/11/00 20:37:33 GMT Standard Time, mikey@b2systems.com