Re: '59 Bugeye Project

To: Michael Hood <sam@bulloch.com>
Subject: Re: '59 Bugeye Project
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 20:19:50 -0500
Cc: Spridgets List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Michael Hood wrote:

> I'm new to the list and am going to be purchasing a '59 Bugeye project
> I am looking to just
> make it roadworthy right away and then work on making it better later. I was
> curious if any of you had any pointers off the bat?

Check the rear spring boxes where the leaf springs attach to the car.
Rust here is a tough one. Replace all the fluids, rebuilt or not, at
least you will know.
If the windshield is off, install the defrost vents, tonneau studs, rear
view mirror, and dash before the windshield. It just makes it easier.
If the engine is out, install the bonnet with a helper, one inside/under
the bonnet, the other moving it accordingly, again, it just makes it
easier.

Good luck
--
Frank Clarici