Re: Weight of 1275 block (for shipping)?

To: "Ulix Goettsch" <ulix@u.washington.edu>, "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Weight of 1275 block (for shipping)?
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 17:17:40 -0800
Ulix,
I just trudged to the shop in 4 inchs of snow to scale a block for you
and here it is.

A totally stripped block, sans everything including freeze plugs and
cam bearings, but with mn. caps and bolts weighs exactly 75 lbs. This
block has been hot tanked, bored .040 and decked also.
Make whatever adjustments you need to compensate for left on parts.

Hope this helps you. Isn't 75 lbs the weight limit for UPS?

Brad