Re: Importing from Canada

To: "Larry Cogan" <woodrat@spacey.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Importing from Canada
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 06:28:50 -0800
Actually it is similar to what you have described. I bought a 56
Magnette this Summer from a fellow outside of Vancouver, BC and the
trip through Customs took all of 10 minutes with the inspector never
leaving the building. By that I mean  no vehicle inspection. Just show
the paperwork, pay the import duty and it's back to the highway. The
paperwork you get at the border becomes , in effect, your new title.
Call the border  direct and they will be most happy to answer all your
questions and give you proper instructions, in fact, they specifically
encourage you to. You can do this by phone, but you will need to do a
bit of detective work to find the # that suits your purpose for the
Port of Entry that you will be using.Duty is way less on parts cars
than on actually running and restored cars.

Hope this helps you a little,Brad