Re: torque

Subject: Re: torque
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 22:17:13 -0600
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
David Ramsey wrote:

> Lean on the wrench a little more for  a little more torque, and a lot more
> for a lot more torque.
>         Crash
> >
> >How does one get more torque?
> >
> >Jeff
> >--

        I have a 3 foot cheater bar made of _inconel_ I borrowed from a
decommissioned
nucular (Jimmy Carter's pronunciation) submarine I was once a hostage on. It's a
nickel-chromium-steel alloy and looks brand new, though it's 10 years older than
MotorToad.
        Seriously, the broad scope (I assume you mean from the engine :) is
that you
want to get the airflow characteristics of the exhaust and intake to peak at
whatever range you're trying for, along with cams and timing. The generalization
is that you want a more restrictive exhaust and a smaller carb/intake for higher
velocity at low engine speeds. Obviously, this is against the needs for high
speed power.
--
~
-Xavier Onasis.