was: Re: 2 amps. Now time well spent

To: <JustBrits@aol.com>, "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <midgetspriteclub@listbot.com>
Subject: was: Re: 2 amps. Now time well spent
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 09:32:33 -0000
  From: JustBrits@aol.com

  IMVHO, YEP !!  With all that "figuring"you did, you could have been 25% of
  the way to having a NEW harness installed and a LOT closer to actually
  DRIVING and ENJOYING the car.

    Kept it very simple.  Bought another loom (1500) for#10 in the big sale at
Frontline.  Rebuilt that so Icould still use the car every day for work, as I
have done for the last 9 years.  This now allows me to use the 1275A+ with all
of the extras on the UK 1500 wiring loom.  I now have the benefit of....
    Fused fuel pump with manual electrical isolation switch.
    Ballast resist cold-starting coil and 65DM4 distributor.
    130watt each headlights through individual fuses and relays.
    Headlight wiring with almost NO voltage drop over them (brighter lights!)
    Sidelight wiring that WON'T burn out.
    Lights under the bonnet whenever i might need them (VERY rare even before
this)
    The ability to light up the brake lights manually whenever someone drives
up too close at high speed  <G>
    A battery isolator switch (Ex Aston Martin)
    Waterproof fuseboxes with modern fuses that actually LIGHT UP when they
have blown (no searching in the dark)
    A separate loom to the bonnet so I can disconnect the loom with one TTM
Safety plug to lift the F/glass bonnet off.
    All connectors crimped with the correct tool and then individually
soldered.
    All bullet connector blocks replaced with new.
    Tachometer take-off under the bonnet for timing purposes.
    Anti-theft gadgets
    Electric washer pump (I have 6 nozzles, 2 on the body and 4 mounted on the
wiper arms (spraying direct to either side of the blade)
    I NOW HAVE THE 'BEST' FUSE RATINGS FOR EACH OF THE 8 TERMINALS ON MY MAIN
FUSE BLOCK (= MORE RELIABLE/SAFE CAR)

    Took less than 5 hours to remove the old loom (carefully) and replace it
with the new one.  That include pee-breaks and the obligatory tea-break at 4
o'clock.

    At no time was the car out of commission, except for the time I was
actually ripping and replacing.  I probably have one of the highest 'LBC
utilisation rates' on this list.
    I'm also sure that I'm in the top 10 for reliability too!