Re: Rear Hub Lock Nut Torque?

To: britclas@WorldShare.net, Corry@iol.ie, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear Hub Lock Nut Torque?
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 13:02:22 EST
Information I have in a parts catalogue says 25lb which sounds on the low
side but 180 seems on the high side.

In a message dated 23/11/00 06:14:58 Pacific Standard Time,
britclas@WorldShare.net writes:

<< Ron,
 I doubt if 180 is too far off as there is a lot of surface area even
 if you think the nut is rather skinny.
 I have the factory tool for this nut and the Tommy Bar  for it  is
 about 2 feet long of which it bears my full weight when I am
 tightening those things and I am no light weight either as I scale in
 at 14 stone . They are frequently loose so get them real tight and use
 some Loctite.

 Brad