Re: anti-sway\roll bar

Subject: Re: anti-sway\roll bar
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 13:34:49 -0600
Cc: "Spridgets@Autox. Team. Net (E-mail)" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Toby Atwater wrote:

> I was poking around my front suspension over thanksgiving weekend learning
> new things and understanding how things work. I spent awhile looking for the
> anti-sway bars but to no avail. The BMC workshop manual states that they are
> fitted to "later cars" Does my 69 Sprite qualify as a later car? At first I
> was under the impression anti-sway bars went from one wheel on the right
> side, to the left side. By my father corrected me. The manual says it goes
> from the lower link (the big A frame looking thing at the bottom of the coil
> spring) to the frame. I couldn't find it. Is my car not late enough to have
> one? What is needed in order to fit 2, one for each side I guess?
>
> Thanks
>
> Toby <--- suspension challenged.
> 69 Sprite

        The sway bat goes from the front of one A arm, under the car just under
the
bumper (an attachment point on each frame member there) to the other A arm.
You'll need the end links, the bar, and the frame bushings to mount one. You
might be able to find one in a JY (I did, to replace DPO hacked end links).
--
~
-Amanda Reckinwithe

~