Re: Mods to Midgets

To: Tomsaudi@aol.com
Subject: Re: Mods to Midgets
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 11:00:51 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
I have the monza.  It's loud,  but looks good.  I removed the catalytic
converter and manifold and installed a header, so that might make it a little
louder.

As for engine mods,  there isn't much you can do without major engine work.

Let's see....

1)  Oil cooler,
2)  better fan and waterpump (or electric fan)
3)  header and free flow exhaust (like a monza)
4)  get rid of the Weber and put twin SUs,
5)  have the head ported and matched to the intake,
6)  upgrade to a GM alternator,
7)  larger radiator

Can't think of any other bolt on mods.  Mods that usually require a rebuild are:

1)  Oversized flat top pistons,
2)  Pinned thrust washers,
3)  hotter cam,
4)  larger oil galleries and high capacity oil pump

Anyone else?  Dwelley, am I missing anything....?

Mike