Re: degrees was Re: Wiper Motor

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: degrees was Re: Wiper Motor
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 08:00:06 -0000
Drive cogs on the later (square bodied wiper motors) come in different
ratios for different applications. (bit like diffs really!)
The larger driven cogs are stamped with the angle of sweep of the
wiper arm.  A worthwhile swap is to use the driven wheel from a mini
which increases the sweep to 110degrees. (standard is less, I think
90)

I guess those funny 3 wiper arm setups that come on the later USA spec
cars must have a different ratio again.

Guy