Re: Sweep was Re: degrees was Re: Wiper Motor

To: <Daniel1312@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sweep was Re: degrees was Re: Wiper Motor
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 21:06:28 -0000
Your right Daniel,
Having a '78 and a '69 car gets me confused, and I wasn't going to
dismantle the wiper motors to check what they are stamped with!
I got a driven wheel (larger cog) from the local scrapyard - I thought
it was from a mini, but on reflection I seem to remember it was an
Austin 1100, or maybe an Allegro.  The extra few degrees of sweep
certainly does make a difference as you don't get that little
triangular bit of missed wipe in the middle of the screen.

T get them to work smoothly you need to check that the outer sleeve is
smooth, even curves, and not pinched or crushed anywhere.

Guy