E clips and wheel cylinders

To: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: E clips and wheel cylinders
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 20:12:08 -0500
Gang

Has anyone been successful in installing rear wheel cylinders on the 64
and newer Spridgets using the now supplied E clips? (they should be
called MF clips)
I know I have done it once or twice before but man is this a PITA!
Tonight I opted to use the original JC clip like the factory did. At
least I can do that without many four letter words.

I'm working on this 67 Sprite I picked up a month ago.
It's all painted and pretty now, it runs great but I have to make it
stop without getting brake fluid all over my very first paint job.
Yup, I bit the bullet and sprayed it myself. First time ever and it came
out super.
Nothing to be afraid of. A little wet sanding and a good buffing and it
looks damn good if you ask me.

One more concern for the 67 Sprite owners...... Have any of you ever
tried to adjust the wiper park on a 67 Sprite? They changed the
brake/clutch master set up and moved the wiper motor under the fender
but it is still the early (square) wiper motor with the adjustable park
gismo on top. I am sure glad they changed to the round wiper motor in
68. Maybe this explains the 1/4" wrench I found inside the fender when I
took it off? I almost lost my 1/4" wrench the same way.
The whole wiper system went from a non working motor and frozen wheel
boxes to a nice working system with a bit of carb cleaner and some
vasoline. (and a lot of time)
Adjusting the park is as much fun as installing MF, I mean E clips on
rear wheel cylinders.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ