RE: Smith gauges

To: "'Ptegler'" <ptegler@gouldfo.com>, "Spridgets@Autox. Team. Net (E-mail)" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Smith gauges
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 18:56:37 -0800
http://www.gbinstruments.com/gauges.html

Those dudes have the full range of smith stuff in both white, black and
magnolia I think.
You can download their catalog and check em out. These guys are in Ohio.

I have been thinking about getting a nice set of autometer gauges with
simliar bezels and glass, and redoing the face plates. Kind of like fake
"smith" gauges. We have some silkscreening\printing equipment here at work,
and that will provide a nice long lasting finish on any surface. I will let
the list know when I get going on that project. That is a few months off at
least.

Particulary useful is the electrnoic speedo that is a snap to calibrate when
you change tire sizes\diff ratios and saves a little money getting the
datsun\austin cable converter if you ever do the 5 speed deal.

Also XKs unlimited (http://www.xks.com) close to me here in san luis obispo
CA sell Smiths stuff. I ordered an ammeter and water temp gauge (lost the
magic fluid in the original) a year ago, and besides being expensive, the
ammeter had a big crack in the "cheap" plastic housing. The gauges seem to
work fine though.