Re: HS2 Carbs

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: HS2 Carbs
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 22:24:53 -0500
Cc: DLancer7676@cs.com, walters@mail.softcom.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
A pair of dual HS2's isn't bad though.  Especially when compared with a single
ZS,
double especially when looking at the runners on the late ZS manifold (very
small).

I can't say how much better a set of dual HS4's would be over a set of dual
HS2's
(1-1/2 vs 1-1/4, in case I've got my HS numbers wrong).  But I can say that
those dual
HS2's run circles around the single ZS.

I have an '80 Spitfire.  With the single ZS, the car was not happy above 40
mph.  It
strained its guts out.  Interstate highway's were a writeoff, I just wouldn't
venture
out onto them.  It felt like the car was going to explode from the strain of
trying to
run at highway speeds.  So much so that when I moved, I simply towed the car
here.
With the dual HS2's, the car is just fine on the interstate.  I've had it
cruising
along at over 80 mph.  It's wound up like a top at that speed (I've only the 4
speed
gearbox), but it's quite relaxed.  It's a completely different car with the dual
SU's.   Probably the best single performance mod a guy can make for a 1500.