wasRe: jpeg. nowHIF44s

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: wasRe: jpeg. nowHIF44s
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 20:04:13 -0000
----- Original Message ----- >
> Got 4 HIF44s with all of the bracketry.  Got 2 types of manifold.
Original
> MG Metro cast aluminium water heated manifold plus the cast iron BMC
> manifold
> that uses the exact same exhaust manifold as the 1098 Spridget, but with
an
> inlet cast onto it too.  This one is designed for the HIF 38 (HIF 4 in the
> US etc) but has enough meat on it to open it out.  The stud spacing is the
> same but uses 2 studs instead of 4.  Limited supplies.  This would be nice
> as it will retain the stock look of original-ish parts.  If there is any
> interest, I would consider shipping some of these over.  Ought to be under
> $100 US by the time the postage is added.  These do not need rebuild, just
> needle and jet.If anyone wants some, tell me what bits you need, where you
> are, zip code etc and I will check the postage

Finished a manifold this morning.  You CAN open out the 998-type manifold to
fit an HIF44 onto a cast BMC dual manifold that gives you the exact same
exhaust manifold as the original Spridget 1098.  If for any reason someone
wanted to use an HIF( of any size) with a standard manifold design, then it
can be done cheaply.  TUV regulations could be bypassed?  Looks perfectly
original to the untrained eye.  Also, Ambassadors can supply a very neat ram
pipe for the HIF44.  Bolts onto the standard filter flange and gives a neat
solution to the problem.  I have put a K&N onto the Ambassador carb to make
a very neat arrangement.
(The usual applies on the JPEG pictures....I have them if you want them)
Rob