Re: Drilling out rear spring bolt

To: "Doug Ingram" <dougi@home.com>, "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Drilling out rear spring bolt
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 23:31:52 -0800
Doug,

It's been a long time since I did this, but I ran into the same problem
about 3 or 4 years ago on my Bugeye. That bolt goes all the way through the
spring to a fixing plate atop the spring. Seems I ended up cutting of the
remaining shank from inside the pocket with a hacksaw or sawzall, but still
couldn't remove the spring because the fixing plate won't clear the spring
pocket opening. As I recall, I removed the U-bolts that hold the leaves
together and removed the spring leaf by leaf until I had enough room to
remove the remaining assembly.

Gerard

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -
Discount Online Hotel Reservations in the U.S.

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A
  R R        pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com
   A A